Trees planted to help shade TARC riders | Community Spirit
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Residents in the Parkland neighborhood may notice a change along 28th Street. The first in a series of new trees were planted on the Reynolds Metals Property Thursday morning.
Councilwoman Attica Scott said she hopes the trees will provide much needed shade for TARC riders waiting for their buses.
The trees were planted through a partnership of Ecotech who paid for the trees, Denzil's Lawn and Landscaping who moved and planted the trees without charge, Reynolds Metals who provided the site and will maintain the trees and Brightside who organized the planting.
Copyright 2013 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West/Southwest Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Car stopped for cracked windshield leads to drug bust
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business