Butler students establish “Homecoming Walk” in honor of deceased teacher | Community Spirit
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - For students, homecoming week is a time to celebrate school pride and established traditions. On Wednesday, September 21, 2011, from 9 to 11 a.m., Butler Traditional High students will start a new tradition—the first annual Butler Homecoming Walk and Health Fair.
The event will raise funds for the American Cancer Society in honor of Richard Buchanan, a science teacher who passed away last year. The walk will promote physical fitness, and the health fair will provide information on leading a productive, healthy life.
Butler Traditional is located at 2222 Crums Lane.
Top West/Southwest Louisville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Louisville’s Active Heroes competing for $250,000 grand prize in Home Depot Foundation contest
- Suspended principal will not return
- Senator Mitch McConnell to address Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce
- Nichols Elementary School archers aim for success
- North Bullitt High School students accepted to first-time New Albany Entrepreneurship Academy
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County lifted
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb