Girl scouts team up with realtors for Habitat build | Community Spirit
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – The Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana and a local realty company teamed up to help those in need.
Girl scouts and Semonin Realtors are building a new Habitat for Humanity home in the Shively area. Volunteers include 200 realtors and staff as well as 60 adult girl scout volunteers.
The home is being built for Toemica McDougal who is a single mom with four children. She said words could not describe how thankful she is for the kindness of those volunteers.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top West/Southwest Louisville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NuLu Pop-Up Friday music series to kick off
- Stricter sunscreen label policies enforced by US food and drug administration
- The Fifth Third Bank #17 NASCAR Show Car Visiting Louisville
- Theatre  presents "Dead Man’s Cell Phone"
- Musical Line-Up and Restaurants Announced for the 21st Annual Taste of Frankfort Avenue
- 83-year-old volunteer honored as Kentucky’s Salute to Senior Service winner
- ESPN College Football Analyst Kirk Herbstreit to speak at luncheon
- VinylFest comes to Louisville
- Central High School sends student to National Health Sciences Competition
- Mayor helps celebrate completion of Okolona park revitalization