1 hurt in JCPS bus accident | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – One student was taken to a hospital for treatment and other students were checked for injuries after JCPS bus was involved in an accident Tuesday morning.
According to MetroSafe, the accident involved bus #0448 happened at Stonestreet Road and Pond Station Road at 7:10 a.m. The location is just off the Gene Snyder Freeway in the southwestern part of the Metro.
The bus was carrying students from Phoenix School of Discovery and was headed to Valley High School where the students take classes.
Ben Jackey, a JCPS spokesperson, said the bus was stopped at a railroad crossing when it was hit from behind by a vehicle. Jackey said the student transported was complaining of injuries.
The exact number of students on the bus was not immediately known. The accident scene was cleared shortly after 8 a.m.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West/Southwest Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday light show brightens Christmas for family of murdered officer
- Six months, still no arrests in Officer Ellis murder
- KSP cramming cruisers with food this holiday season
- Bardstown pastor indicted, accused of making $80K worth of unauthorized purchases
- Bullitt County man charged with sex crimes involving child
- Officers arrest man after unsuccessful attempt to intimidate strangers to help him flee
- Kentucky Farm Bureau conference to be held at the Galt House
- LMPD: 4 people shot, innocent driver injured in crash after incident on 32nd Street
- LMPD: Driver crashes car while rushing shooting victim to hospital
- Local charity looking for people to donate on Giving Tuesday
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business
- Man arrested for passing out over steering wheel of SUV stopped at light