1 hurt in JCPS bus accident | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – One student was taken to a hospital for treatment and other students were checked for injuries after JCPS bus was involved in an accident Tuesday morning.
According to MetroSafe, the accident involved bus #0448 happened at Stonestreet Road and Pond Station Road at 7:10 a.m. The location is just off the Gene Snyder Freeway in the southwestern part of the Metro.
The bus was carrying students from Phoenix School of Discovery and was headed to Valley High School where the students take classes.
Ben Jackey, a JCPS spokesperson, said the bus was stopped at a railroad crossing when it was hit from behind by a vehicle. Jackey said the student transported was complaining of injuries.
The exact number of students on the bus was not immediately known. The accident scene was cleared shortly after 8 a.m.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top West/Southwest Louisville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Louisville’s Active Heroes competing for $250,000 grand prize in Home Depot Foundation contest
- Suspended principal will not return
- Senator Mitch McConnell to address Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce
- Nichols Elementary School archers aim for success
- North Bullitt High School students accepted to first-time New Albany Entrepreneurship Academy
- Kentucky Science Center announces Great Big Science To-Do: SENSEational
- Judge recused in Jason Osborne case, discussed suit publicly
- Derby Dinner Playhouse to premiere "You're Only Young Twice"
- Fourth Street Live! presents “District Rhythms” featuring Jody Watley
- Hats off to our Grads celebration held at Bellarmine
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County lifted
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb