Motorcyclist hurt in Dixie Highway accident | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A motorcycle accident in the southwestern part of the Metro Wednesday morning shut down Dixie Highway for over two hours.
According to Louisville Metro Police, a motorcyclist hit a guardrail at the intersection of Dixie Highway and Stites Station Road just after 6 a.m.
The driver of the motorcycle was taken to University Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Metro police shut down Dixie Highway while officers form the traffic unit reconstructed the accident. All lanes were reopened by 8:45 a.m.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top West/Southwest Louisville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000