LIHEAP pre-registration information | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Louisville residents can begin to pre-register for heating assistance from the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Louisville Metro Community Action Partnership (CAP) on October 1.
Only Jefferson County residents who are within 130 percent of the federal poverty level, on a fixed income and elderly (55 years or older) or are disabled receiving social security, SSI, pension or Black Lung benefits are eligible.
Applicants must be willing to provide the following documentation:
• Picture ID for head of household
• Proof of all household income for the preceding month (food stamp award letter, pay stubs, etc.). All individuals 18 or over in the household with no income must have a Proof of No Income form completed prior to applying for benefits. (Available at the CAP office at 810 Barret or at http://www.louisvilleky.gov/CSR/Community+Services/LIHEAP.htm)
• Social Security card(s) or official documentation with social security numbers or Permanent Resident Card Numbers for everyone living in the household.
• Most recent heating bill or verification from landlord that heating expenses are included in the rent (i.e. lease agreements).
Residents who meet the early registration requirements may apply at the following locations:
Newburg Community Center, 4810 Exeter Ave., Lou., KY 40218, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Tues., Oct. 2
Southwick Community Center, 3621 Southern Ave., Lou., KY 40211, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Wed., Oct. 3
Portland Community Center, 640 North 27th St., Lou., KY 40212, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Thurs., Oct. 4
Shively Senior Center, 3901 Wayside Dr., Lou., KY 40216, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Fri., Oct. 5
Flaget Community Center, 4425 Greenwood Ave., Lou., KY 40211, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Mon., Oct. 8
Sun Valley Community Center, 6505 Bethany Ln.., Lou., KY 40272, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Wed., Oct. 10
Baxter Community Center, 1125 Cedar Ct., Lou., KY 40203, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Thurs., Oct. 11
California Community Center, 1600 West St. Catherine, Lou., KY 40210, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Fri., Oct. 12
Wilderness Road, 8111 Blue Lick Rd., Lou., KY 40219, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Fri., Oct. 12
Watson-Powell, 1836 Heafer Rd., Lou., KY 40223, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
-Mon., Oct. 15
Shelby Park Community Center, 600 East Oak St., Lou., KY 40203, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Tues., Oct. 16
Parkhill Community Center, 1703 South 13th St., Lou., KY 40210, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Wed., Oct. 17
Oak & Acorn, 631 South 28th St., Lou., KY 40211, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Thurs., Oct. 18
Beechmont Community Center, 205 West Wellington Ave., Lou., KY 40214, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Fri., Oct 19
Allgeier Community Center, 4104 Cadillac Ct., Lou., KY 40213, 8:30 10:30 a.m.
-Mon., Oct. 22
Presbyterian Community Center, 701 South Hancock, Lou., KY 40203, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Tues., Oct. 23
Jeffersontown Community Center, 10617 Taylorsville Rd., Lou., KY 40299, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Wed., Oct. 24
Shawnee Arts & Cultural Center, 2911 Taylor Blvd., Lou., KY 40208, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
-Thurs., Oct. 25
South Louisville Community Center, 2911 Taylor Blvd., Lou., KY 40208, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Funds for this program will be posted on or after November 5, 2012.
Residents who do not meet the requirements for pre-registration (who are not elderly or disabled) are still eligible to apply for LIHEAP assistance. They may obtain an appointment to apply for LIHEAP, in person only, on October 31 and November 1 at the Central CAP Office located at the Urban Government Center, 810 Barret Avenue between 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and at the same location on November 2 between 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. All three CAP offices will begin taking appointments on November 5, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (except for Fridays at the Newburg site).
Residents who are not able to apply in person may send a representative with a hand-written note that is dated and signed from the applicant, that gives them permission to handle their application for services. The representative will also need their photo ID matching the name on the note, along with the applicant’s photo ID as well as the required documentation above to be able to apply.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West/Southwest Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday light show brightens Christmas for family of murdered officer
- Six months, still no arrests in Officer Ellis murder
- KSP cramming cruisers with food this holiday season
- Bardstown pastor indicted, accused of making $80K worth of unauthorized purchases
- Bullitt County man charged with sex crimes involving child
- Police: Car stopped for cracked windshield leads to drug bust
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business