Company donates thousands to Blessings in a Backpack | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Dozens of kids are going home with a backpack filled with nutritious food.
The Hillerich and Bradsby company stepped up to the plate to help Blessings in a Backpack Friday afternoon. The family owned company and maker of the Louisville slugger bat donated $10,000 to help feed 125 kids at Portland Elementary School.
Blessings in a Backpack, which started in Louisville, now feeds 62,000 children in 42 states.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top West/Southwest Louisville Stories
Upcoming Events near West/Southwest Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County