Improvements coming to historic Louisville property | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Governor Steve Beshear came to town to dedicate the project at Riverside, the Farnsley-Moreman Landing.
The road will lead visitors to the historic property and bring with it more parking, a courtyard and storm drainage improvements.
"Think about how many people will be out here when we connect up with that 100-mile trail all around Louisville because there's going to be thousands of people not only that live here, but that are going to come here just to get on that type of trail. That is something very unique in the United States,” said Beshear.
A chapel on the property is also under renovation. The chapel will hold weddings, meetings, and community events.
The project should wrap up in the spring.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top West/Southwest Louisville Stories
Upcoming Events near West/Southwest Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dalai Lama to visit Louisville, speak at Festival of Faiths
- Kentucky Reggae Festival returns to the Louisville Water Tower
- Innovative concept in fitness hits Louisville
- First Hack-a-Thon nets apps for healthy living, crime prevention, help for the disabled
- Vote in online contest to help Americana Community Center get up to $10,000