14-year-old boy shot in Shively | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – A 14-year-old Western High School student was shot and critically injured Sunday night in Shively, according to the Shively Police Department and the victim's family.
"We want answers and we want justice for what happened to Rayshawn. 'Cuz he didn't deserve it," said William Mitchell, who is the uncle of the victim. Mitchell identifies the victim as his nephew, Rayshawn McDowell.
"He was on his way home when he was shot twice with a shotgun," Mitchell said.
Police said the shooting happened around 9:40 Sunday night at the corner of Matheis and Miracle. The victim made his way to a residence and asked that 911 be called.
"From what I understand, he was shot in the side of his face. He got buck shots to the head. Shot in his neck and his shoulder," Mitchell said.
Mitchell said his nephew is an "A" student at Western High School.
"He's never gave any type of indications that he was a problem child or anything. So, we're just flabbergasted as to why this happened to him," said Mitchell.
Mitchell said his nephew is facing a long road to recovery.
"No, I know he'll never be the same. He's an athletic young man. We're just praying to God that he'll pull through this," said Mitchell.
Investigators have no suspects in custody and they have not released a possible motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information about this case should call the Shively Police Department.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West/Southwest Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday light show brightens Christmas for family of murdered officer
- Six months, still no arrests in Officer Ellis murder
- KSP cramming cruisers with food this holiday season
- Bardstown pastor indicted, accused of making $80K worth of unauthorized purchases
- Bullitt County man charged with sex crimes involving child
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business
- Man arrested for passing out over steering wheel of SUV stopped at light