The day after the explosion at Carbide Industries | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - WAVE 3 was back on the scene at Carbide Industries on Tuesday, March 22. Photojournalist James Thomas took this picture of smoke coming out of a tower at the plant.
Firefighters have decided to let the fire burn itself out because they have deemed the building unsafe for crews to continue to fight the fire.
Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West/Southwest Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday light show brightens Christmas for family of murdered officer
- Six months, still no arrests in Officer Ellis murder
- KSP cramming cruisers with food this holiday season
- Bardstown pastor indicted, accused of making $80K worth of unauthorized purchases
- Bullitt County man charged with sex crimes involving child
- Kentucky Farm Bureau conference to be held at the Galt House
- LMPD: 4 people shot, innocent driver injured in crash after incident on 32nd Street
- LMPD: Driver crashes car while rushing shooting victim to hospital
- Local charity looking for people to donate on Giving Tuesday
- Woman robbed inside University Hospital parking garage
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business
- Man arrested for passing out over steering wheel of SUV stopped at light